Monday, August 13, 2012

Week Four in the mission

Dear Everyone-

The Brunswick area is quickly catching fire... (don't worry mom, not LITERALLY). But we are finding more and more people that are just willing to learn and accept our message.

Yesterday was Stake Conference. For the number of congregations that were in attendance (at least 7 wards/branches) it was still smaller than what I am used to when I think of stake conference. We told an investigator that stake conference was great: we all get together and just lather some A-1 on some steaks and have a great time eating tons of food. The first 150 people would get the nice T-bone steaks, and so on. The look on her face was both confused and skeptical. We told her we were joking and she said "I thought so- Mormons aren't that weird)

Anyways! On Thursday we got to go down to "the island" (St. Simon's) where President Barry and his wife, 8 kids, their spouses, and 21 grandchildren were gathered to welcome President's youngest son of a mission. They rented this huge 3 story house/cottage/mansion and we ate dinner there and taught a little lesson. It was almost like our family get-togethers except more little kids and mom and her sisters weren't in the corner making all the noise (haha!)

I have noticed more and more that come 6:15 every morning, when our alarm goes off, I have to really think about throwing myself out of bed. I get tired for sure but I keep going on. I've actually started to convince myself that my hairline is beginning to recede. If my hair turns out anything like my trainer's does- I might just bury my head in a tree and cry. (it's not THAT bad, but he certainly doesn't look 21) 

Again, the weather here in just crazy- on Thursday we were walking around talking about how terribly hot it was, and then about 7 hours later the most torrential downpour I've seen in a long time happened- it stayed for about an hour and a half and was warm-ish again for the rest of the evening.

We sure are crazy down here- in the apartment, the car, members' home, Elder Reid keeps me on my toes with his lovable weirdness. We only have a small selection of CDs in our car... and we'll listen to them all the time, over and over again... there's about 3 Christmas ones that I have been tempted to pull out just for some change, but it's August, so I'll wait for now.

Hope all is well with everyone in the "outside world".... haha

Love and miss y'all!

Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment